Saturday, November 15, 2008

Temple Blessings

Last month when my mom was visiting with us, we went and visited one of the Hindu temples in Aurora. The building's outer architecture and the inner sanctuary were astoundingly beautiful. We were humbled and in awe as we watched the Hindu devotees pay homage and love towards their Gods. We had a delightful experience.

Sri Venkateswara Swami Temple of Greater Chicago

http://www.balaji.org/web/home.aspx

There is also another Hindu Temple off of Hwy #59 that I pass by on my way to and from work. This Temple is as beautiful and ornate in other ways as to the one in Aurora. To the side of the temple is a Cultural Building where they worship, dine, learn, and are entertained.

BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
http://chicago.baps.org/

I also pass by a Budda Temple, which I hope to stop by soon. About 45 to 60 minutes north is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) Temple. I knew I felt like I was walking on spiritual ground, and now I know I am.

-Shelly

No comments: