Saturday, September 26, 2009

Juicy Tidbits ...

I have to start this entry by letting you know, MY MOM IS COMING FOR A VISIT! :o) My mom will be here for a very short window span, but I am so grateful for the time she is taking out of her busy and hectic schedule in Utah to visit with us. It is hard to share time with mom when there are nine of us clamoring for her undivided attention, plus my other siblings have more arsenals in their bag of tricks to keep my mom’s attention, they include ‘grandchildren’. My mom will be coming in on Wednesday, Oct 21st and heading back to Utah Sunday evening, Oct. 25th. So our time frame isn’t that long, but it will be jam packed with love, love, and then more love. I am fortunate though that one of my wonderful nieces and her family don’t live far from us in Aurora.

I received ‘good news’ this week. I had to take a few days off from work due to the flu and I was worried about my temporary work assignment with PDS Tech. Inc. When I came home from work on Monday, I found a message on the answering machine. Hartford Insurance wants to extend my contract for another 2 months. Ana (w/PDS) said that the professionals at Hartford like my attitude and my work ethics. YAHOO!!! That means I may be working with Hartford/PDS up until Thanksgiving, and who knows … it may be longer than that if Hartford wants to extend my contract even longer. We (my other temp colleagues and friends, Nadine and Anita) have started a gigantic, multi-tasking project. Anita, Nadine and I work so well together. We are over hauling the filing system. I didn’t think it would be so time consuming. But, there seems to be one small hurdle after another. I don’t mind it though. I love, absolutely love, working on a project where I can actually see some kind of progress. I am so glad Nadine and Anita started with me. Working as three, rather than one lonely temp, has been divine. We are the ‘Three Musketeers’ in all aspects when it comes to our job at Hartford.

We are still waiting to hear if Lynn’s contract with the Army Reserve will be renewed the first part of October (2009). Yep, the date is right around the corner! The Reserve Unit he’s with definitely wants to renew it and keep Lynn on, but the paperwork is being shuffled through the federal bureaucracy. Last year Lynn had to take a few personal days off because his contract didn’t get signed in time. – I’m glad that Hartford & PDS Techs don’t take that long to finalize things.

Lynn's sister's husband received a surprise job offer, and they are now moving to Southern Utah. Lynn's youngest sister, Pauline's, husband will be in Iraq for the year. He is in Kuwait now and is traveling today to Iraq. We have 2 nephews who are on missions for our church. One is in New York the other in South Africa. Both, JJ and David, love the areas they are in, they love the people with all their heart and enjoying new cultural experiences.

My sister, Lisa, is still going through chemo for breast cancer. Lisa is on a second type of chemo and it has actually made her more ill than the first concotion they gave her. My older sister, Linda, has had a few health problems crop up this year with multiple kidney stones that are in both kidneys. The medical teams are still trying to find an explanation for the kidney stones and a cure.

The rest of our families are doing well. We have a myriad of nieces and nephews that are in grade school, junior/senior high school, and college. All of our siblings are doing well, rattling around their houses, trying to keep up with their tykes and school kids, etc. .. living life to the fullest.


Next week we’re suppose to get our first ‘real’ taste of fall. Cool temps, wind, rain … I just LOVE FALL!!!:o)


-Shelly

No comments: