Friday, March 28, 2008

Stent(less) FINALLY!

Yesterday I had my stent removed. (The stent was hollow and made out of rubber. It was about six or seven inches long with the width as round as a straight pin.) My body is finally free from all its foreign objects. The removal was about five minutes long, the preparatory work was about 15 or 20 minutes and of course my mental state of mind lasted much longer than the entire procedure. I have been calling this little object a stint; whereas, it is actually called a stent. For those of you, like myself, who are not familiar with a ureteric stent I have attached a picture of a stent and also a picture of how it is secured in the ureter tube by way of the kidney and bladder.
I think we are so lucky to be living in such a wonderful period of time when medical procedures like this can be completed and performed without too many problems.

Shelly

No comments: