Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good Things

I am back on the unemployment line again. I was hoping to work with the Samaritan Counseling Center http://www.samaritancounselingnwsub.org/sam.htm for at least a few years. However, wishing and actually ‘doing it’ are two different things. During these difficult and hard times, individuals, along with families, need the professional help they will find at the Samaritan Counseling Center. For me, there are no hard feelings since I learned so much from those I worked with in just a short amount of time. Experience is my greatest teacher.

I am doing fine. I have filed for unemployment, along with nearly a quarter million other folks in the United Sates. I am back with Kelly Temps and I am registered with JobFox, Monster, LDS Employment, etc. I know things will work out for the best.

Lynn received a bit of ‘good’ news this week. His Commanding Officers wants to try and make Lynn’s position with them a “civilian” job rather than a contracting position. The procedures for a change like this may take a year or so, or not happen at all. But, I think the Army Command Center Lynn is with now has found out how valuable he is as a team member. So, to keep the position from not being renewed or even moved to another area, they want to create a position just for him.

Good things are happening to us and God continues to bless us every day.

-Shelly

No comments: