Friday, June 26, 2009

Uncle Albert says ....


I found these incredible quotes from Albert Einstein. I wanted to share them in our blog for the week.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity – and I’m not sure about the former”.
“God is subtle, but he is not malicious.”
“Common sense’ is the set of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
“Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.”
“I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.”
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather, a man of value.”
“I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of an intensity such as I cannot drive from other realms.”
“To punish me for my contempt for authority, Fate made me an authority myself.”
“Why is it that nobody understands me, and everybody likes me?”
“A life directed chiefly toward fulfillment of personal desires sooner or later always leads to bitter disappointment.”
“My political ideal is that of a democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, and no man idolized.”
“Whatever there is of God and goodness in the Universe, it must work itself out and express itself through us. We cannot stand aside and let God do it.”
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
“I am a deeply religious nonbeliever … This is a somewhat new kind of religion.”
“With fame I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon.”
-Shelly

No comments: