Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Year Over Another Year Ahead! :)



Tomorrow will be my Birthday! I love birthdays, except when I am the center of attention; however, I do enjoy the over exaggerated celebration and heralded birthday greetings from family and friends, some whom I haven't heard from in years.

My birthday though is my own special internal compass day when I look at where I have been in my life, things I have done, goals I still have and where I want to be when I die! If I was standing on the ruler of my life, I would be at the midway point. Am I happy? YOU BET I AM!!! Could I be a better person? I am a good person but I can always be a better person!!! Am I fulfilled in every aspect of my life? Yes and no. Yes, in that I am fulfilled; and no because there is more fulfillment to come. I Am In Love with Life itself and I feel so blessed and grateful to have this small place in the gigantic quantum of galaxies and space known as earth to live on. I am blessed to know God and to also know that when I kneel down to pray in the morning , in the evening, or while driving in my car, that He listens to me. I feel grateful to have a a strong feeling, reverence and love for Jesus Christ, my Savior and your Savior!

I found '39 Things I have Learned In My Life', from off the Internet which so applies to me and I would like to pass it on since I am in total agreement with Michelle R. Brennan, and I couldn't say it any better!


  1. Listening to the Spirit's inner voice ultimately makes life easier.
  2. "Letting go" is the only way to keep something or someone in your life.
  3. Everyone should have a cat because a cat makes you smile once in a while.
  4. Children are the best mirrors.
  5. Love is a commitment to growth.
  6. Dogs understand love better than people do.
  7. Angels inhabit human forms.
  8. "We" vs. "They" thinking creates fear and conflict. Harmony requires a sense of community.
  9. Quiet reflection feeds the soul.
  10. Books are the ambrosia of life.
  11. Freedom is worth the responsibility.
  12. Friends who listen are rare treasures.
  13. Ice cream can make almost anyone feel better.
  14. Life is a privilege.
  15. Goodnight hugs and kisses heal the day.
  16. Tight shoes don't make your feet look THAT much smaller. Vanity isn't worth the pain.
  17. There's a gift in every lesson of life.
  18. No one is an expert on you, except you.
  19. Sunshine promotes a positive attitude.
  20. Holding onto grievances smothers joy.
  21. Help is as close as a prayer.
  22. Truth is simple.
  23. One person CAN make a difference in the world.
  24. Change only APPEARS difficult.
  25. Open minds are healthy minds.
  26. People who follow their bliss are the most interesting people.
  27. You don't own an idea until you understand it with your heart.
  28. There is no end to learning, you just move to the next level.
  29. There is ALWAYS another way of looking at things.
  30. Peace is a choice.
  31. Your life is your creation.
  32. It's not worth the calories unless it's chocolate.
  33. Whatever you give eventually comes back to you.
  34. New adventures help you feel young.
  35. It is your inner power not your weakness that most frightens you.
  36. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.
  37. Everyone has the same amount of faith, they just invest it differently.
  38. Older doesn't mean wiser unless you've looked within.
  39. Sometimes crying is the best response.

-Shelly

No comments: