Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day!









To my husband, to my father and Lynn's father, and to my grandfathers and Lynn's grandfathers, the brothers and brothers-in-law, and to all the uncles and the most awesome(est) ever nephews, and to the men in my life who are my neighbors, work associates, bosses, and friends whom I love and adore with all of my heart,
Happy Father's Day!
A few inspirational highlights about fathers and fatherhood from Bill Cosby, the father who has made many of us laugh for years.

"A new father quickly learns that his child invariably comes to the bathroom at precisely the times when he's there, as if he needed the company. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station."

"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

"Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards that being a father to my children."
-Shelly

No comments: