Sunday, September 28, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS MAX!!!

Lynn and I spent a fantastic and wonderful weekend with my sister, Ami and her family, in Dearborn, MI. My sister as always was a gracious and talented hostess. My mom who lives in Utah was with us as well as my brother, Richard, who flew into Dearborn from Utah on Friday to be with us for the weekend. I presented my family with Chicago Bear jerseys and my family proudly put them on, even being in the country of the Detroit Lions.

The reason we all congregated in Dearborn was because my nephew, Maxwell, was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by his father yesterday. Max and his father are dressed in white to represent purity, and how spiritually clean an adult or child (being eight (8) years of age) becomes when they are baptized. Once Max was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church we gathered together and had a wonderful dinner. (Max and Ryan (Max's friend) had their 8th Birthday a day apart, so both Ryan and Max were baptized by their fathers on Saturday.) The entire day was special, spiritual and a supportive gathering for family and friends who loved Max and wanted to honor him on his monumental day.

I will be breaking my trip to Michigan up in bits and pieces for my next few posts since we did so many fun things, such as touring Greenwich Village (an historic town created by Henry Ford), we attended Max and Tim’s soccer games, and just had a wonderful family weekend. If I tried to put all my pictures of the trip on our blog it would probably clog the system and no one would be able to download our blog or any other blog site on the web due to my extensive Dearborn photo album. (I guess that means if you want to see more of our trip to Michigan, you'll have to tune in or log on to our blog and check it out for at least the next few weeks!)

I love my family. I can’t get enough of being with them and I value the times we do get together.
-Shelly

2 comments:

Ami said...

We are gald that you could come up this week end. We Love You!!

Ami said...

We are gald that you could come up this week end. We Love You!!